Gourd Door Stopper
by Libby Jennison
This is something I pulled form a Martha Stewart magazine. Just something to get a little crafty when you’re stuck inside. : )
Tools and Materials
- 5- to 7-inch-diameter dried gourd
- Cordless power drill
- 1 3/8-inch Forstner drill bit, by Diablo
- Play sand or aquarium sand
- Size 18 cork (9/16 inch to 1 1/2 inches)
- Hold the gourd steady by clamping it into a vise or to a tabletop. Once it’s secure, drill a hole through the bottom of the gourd.
- Shake out any dried seeds or membrane, and discard.
- Using funnel and scoop, fill gourd with sand. Plug the hole with the cork.